I haven’t posted much on the finished projects front, so here is a little conglomeration of things I’ve made this year. Without further ado, my photos:
On Felicity’s arm is a drawstring bag I made to control the hairpin chaos. I sewed it entirely by hand and used thin crochet cotton for the drawstring.
The chemise took a while to make, especially since it’s the first real hand sewing I’ve done. (In my opinion.) The head opening is large because Felicity’s head is large.
I’m really pleased with how it turned out. The seams are not finished and I used running stitch since Felicity probably won’t put a lot of wear and tear on her garments.
Total, the chemise probably used less than half a yard of white muslin.
Next project, Mr Bunny’s jacket. This is him in the muslin which turned out so well I decided to keep it for a summer jacket. I think it looks like linen (although it’s really cotton).
I have some herringbone suiting in a pleasing brown that I intend to use for his next jacket. Mr Bunny is only 6 3/4″ tall counting his ears, more like 4 1/2″ to the top of his head. This makes his jackets very tiny so they must be sewn by hand.
I used bodice draping instructions (sort of) from The Dressmaker’s Guide by Elizabeth Stewart Clark. I messed with it until it mostly fit although there’s still a slight surplus of fabric at the back.
Some construction pictures:
I think I made these back in February. My current project is a tucked petticoat that I’m hoping to finish it soon. Speaking of which, I need to get working on the hem…